The Solution

VitalGuard™ accurately surveys and displays life signs without requiring a client to wear any agitating physical attachments. VitalGuard™ offers a range of safety, resource and compliance benefits for operators:

Save lives

VitalGuard™ triggers an alarm seconds after a respiratory event occurs, allowing staff to react quickly and appropriately. Respiratory events can imply cardiac issues an according to ‘The Chain of Survival’, if one responds to a cardiac event within four minutes, the chance of successful resuscitation is 80% and the chance of brain damage or death is 20%. If the response occurs after four minutes, the chance of successful resuscitation is 20% and the chance of brain damage or death is 80%.

Fewer physical interventions

VitalGuard™ facilitates fewer physical interventions by staff. Observers can be confident about the condition of a client in seclusion without requiring physical intervention, even at night and even if a client is stationary, underneath bedding, or has barricaded observation windows. This means safer staff, less resources needlessly being used during physical interventions, calmer clients, a potential reduction in levels of medication used and ultimately, better outcomes for your clients.

Temperature & Humidity

VitalGuard incorporates a digital, 'in-room' temperature and humidty probe, which accurately relays real-time information to observation staff via a touchscreen monitor. This information can help ensure the most comfortable stays in seclusion and is useful for research and dispute resolution.